Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Progressive Rock

Well, it looks like the files uploaded on Sendspace are still unavailable, for me and most of the visitors of this blog...there's been a very few downloads in the last day, while the Beefheart's video has been downloaded almost a hundred times only on the first 24 hours!
If the problem continues I might consider to re-upload the Beefheart's clips, because they had a lot of success and have been available for a very short time, in the meantime I return on Rapidshare to offer another couple of videos.

It's hard to believe how successful have been in my country, Italy, the british progressive-rock of the '70's, including bands like King Crimson or Van Der Graaf Generator, whose intense and dramatic music where certainly not very easy and catchy. But they reached the top of the charts.
Both of these great live performances are from the old Beat Club. The King Crimson appear in their second incarnation, playing a very complex but also agressive music, that used to leave much space for improvisations by each one of the five virtuoso instrumentalists. You'll notice the surrealistic look of the french percussionist Jamie Muir, who have been in the line-up for a very short time.
Van Der Graaf Generator offers a good example of their gloomy and powerfull music, that was born when the charismatic singer and "tortured poet" Peter Hammil discovered the expressive possibilities of the electric instruments...and of his own voice.
I dont want to talk too much, I know my English is far from being perfect, so please apologize me and enjoy the music.
Expect for more progressive rock and more Van Der Graaf Generator in the future.

King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic Part 1 (1972)
Van Der Graaf Generator - Whatever Would Robert Have Said (1970)

The password to unzip the files is: musicforyoureyes

Bye

Mirco

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work and don't be discouraged!! I was lucky enough to download a bunch of your entries while they were still "hot off the presses" (Thanx for the Incredible String Band and Kevin Ayers----2 of my all-time favorites!!) As for Italian prog were there ever any videos by Area or anything else with the late-great Demetrio Stratos??
(I also was always kind of partial to LeOrme's later period poppish stuff such as "Storia o Leggenda")

1/11/2006 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also I was wondering whether Magma have ever been captured on video???

1/11/2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger Mirco said...

Hi, I remember that Area appeared on the italian TV once...I was just a child wondering what kind of strange music was that! I've been searching for that clip without results so far...
Some short Magma's video appeared on the WFMU's blog not long ago, go there and search...

Bye friend - the next time I would also like to know your name ;) -

1/11/2006 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

to come back about your downloading problems. Thats kinda strange, I almost never have any of those problems. There are uploads on my blog from two months ago, that are still working, and who are downloaded thousands of times.

well, have a nice day!

1/12/2006 12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you need to use Rapidshare for a file that is only 241 bytes in size?

1/14/2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Mirco said...

Open that file and you'll know...

1/14/2006 4:24 PM  
Blogger Varjak said...

Wow, VDGG live in the seventies! Thank you! I've seen VDGG live four times last year and they still sound terrific, but to see them so young is simply amazing. I've only got Lighthousekeepers, Godbluff and last years Rockpalast on dvd, so every little bit of new material is welcome. I'll be waiting for more! :-)

1/21/2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger Mirco said...

I missed their concert in Milano last year but I've been told they are still great, and their new double CD is good too.
Be patient for more live clips from 1971.

Bye :)

1/22/2006 12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

unbelievable - awesome work

Van der Graaf
Soft Machine
Amon Duul II

never thoght I would find videos of these bands

also thanks for the King Crimson

1/24/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Mirco said...

Thanks, I also have many more Byrds' videos to post...

Bye :)

1/25/2006 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you have Pretty Things from the Beat Club?

1/25/2006 4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues (1968) Beat Club

_http://www.blueorchidvintage.com/music/BlueCheerBeatClub68.mpg

1/25/2006 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes - Pretty Things would be cool

1/25/2006 5:32 PM  
Blogger Mirco said...

I have both Pretty Things and Blue Cheer...for Pretty Things' videos check also the Sonic Pollutions blog, it's on my links' list...

1/25/2006 6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks

1/25/2006 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magique CRIMSON !!!

Merci !

2/16/2006 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home